This post may contain affiliate links, which means I’ll receive a commission if you purchase through my links, at no extra cost to you. Please read full disclosure for more information.
So I did something.
Guess who fixed her treadmill?
Yes, you read that right. If you have read my prior posts about my sick/dead treadmill you know that I’ve been struggling without it. Well I finally decided to open that bad boy up (sorry Treadmillius) and analyze his insides.
Now, I really wasn’t sure what I was doing besides just touching wires to try to make myself feel like I was doing something. I checked to see there was nothing loose or unplugged. I then (thanks to internet references), checked the fuse.
The fuse was burned out.
I saw this and was so grateful that I didn’t buy a new treadmill. Imagine I would have spent $2,700 for no reason!
So now, I can run again!
So, what now?
I’m obviously not planning on running 5 miles right off the bat because I’m not sure if I can or will want to yet. I’ve decided that I will start with running one mile for 3-5 days, then 2 miles for 3-5 days, and so on until I get to running 5 miles every day again.
But if I do feel like I could run more than my plan then I will! I need to re-read David Goggins’ Can’t Hurt Me!
It’s a little crazy the way he pushes himself but I’m crazy so we will see how motivated I get and maybe I will run more than initially planned!
I’m so excited! I’m excited to see my initial body transition slowly to a body that will have me feeling better physically and mentally again.
- Read Can’t Hurt Me by David Goggins for running motivation
- Run daily (1-5 miles per day, end goal is 5 per day) wearing my new cool Forever 21 work out pants and my awesome shirts from amazon!!! I love them so much! I can’t find the shirts anymore but here is a similar one 🙂
- Taking my daily probiotic and other vitamins for my hair. Additionally, my hair has been acting weird again where it’s not really falling out but it’s thinning out A LOT and breaking off so I started taking pre-natals again to help
- Doing two work out videos after running each day. The first one is Total Body Quick Tone by Ashley/BeFIT and I love it because I used to do it consistently and saw results from it and makes me sweat a ton and sore each time so I know it works. The second one is by Gabriella Whited and is for Abs/Flat Belly and it’s so short so I’m adding this too
- drinking 60+ oz water daily (I love my jug it’s been helping! Sometimes I use water flavoring because plain water is boring to me certain days)
- Trying to substitute Slim Fast shakes on certain occasions when I want to binge on something bad
- This is a little strange but I bought smaller plates because even though I’m not going to modify my food I am going to try and have smaller servings on some days. I haven’t got them yet but these are the ones I bought!
- I’m afraid of having loose skin and/or more stretch marks so I will be putting on some butter before and after working out. When I’m not working out and during the rest of the day I will try and wear this waist trainer thing that I had bought a while back to see if it helps at all. I also bought a new one that I’m waiting for that has the zipper on the front and not the side.
- Document and take pictures of the whole journey on a private instagram I made
I’m not going to start modifying my diet hardcore yet until I get into running consistently for a while and then I will deal with that. Usually after I have an exercise routine going, the eating healthier part is easier for me to incorporate.
I will try to be more conscious of substituting little snacks or my Slim Fast shakes if I can throughout the day, and/or trying to eat smaller portions.
Are you looking to get in shape whether for confidence or because you want to feel better physically? What are your plans or what have you been doing already towards that?